... searching for helpful resources.
If you're new to recovery, I AM suggests contacting the people or places below to begin your journey:
- Eating Disorder Specialists
- School Counseling Programs
- 12-Step Organizations
- Residential Treatment Centers
- Churches, Temples, Synagogues
- Eating Disorder Web Sites
The resources below are intended to be helpful tidbits to further support your recovery. If you'd like to suggest additional information, please let us know!
Blogs & Podcasts
- If you have iTunes on your computer, you can do a search for eating disorders or Overeaters Anonymous under the "Podcasts" section. Just subscribe to the podcast that interests you and you'll get free downloads of different speakers sharing their personal stories and about different aspects of recovery.
- Personal blogs are one of the ways that individuals can share their stories about recovery. You can even start one of your own! Free services like blogger, xanga and wordpress are easy-to-use and provide a great way to share your thoughts, process your feelings, and help others relate to what you're going through.
Health Insurance Advocacy
If you are having trouble getting health insurance coverage for your eating disorder treatment, please contact:
- Lisa S. Kantor
Kantor & Kantor, LLP
19839 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91324
In-Patient & Treatment Facilities
While I AM does not endorse any particular treatment facility and because the list is updated regularly, if you'd like a list of treatment centers within the U.S, please contact us and we'll be happy to provide you with that information!
- If you're searching for a scholarship for eating disorder treatment, visit mannafund.org.
Meetings in San Diego
Also, see our SD Recovery Meetings page.
Spirituality, Meditation & Inspiration
- Studies show that yoga and meditation are healthy ways for individuals recovering from eating disorders to reconnect with our feelings and our bodies. Locally, San Diego offers the Self Realization Fellowship meditation garden in Encinitas and numerous yoga studio's around the county.
** I AM does not endorse any of the content provided above. They're meant to be helpful resources for your personal reference.